Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Weil Mclain CGM 3 and am having problems getting

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Weil Mclain CGM 3 and am having problems getting power to my circulator. I already replaced my relay and it still is not getting power. I used a voltmeter to test a couple connections. My live wire from my switch to my relay has continuity.
The wire from relay to circulator has continuity. The white wire from my switch to the circulator has continuity. I had someone think it was the sockets for the relay, but i removed the relay and tested from the sockets and all results were the same.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

My name is Scott while you have continuity on the wires and sockets it is still possible to have voltage at the sockets but they are not carrying amperage to the circulator. Recheck to be sure between the normally open contact socket and the common that you have 115v.