Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a trane XR80 not even a year old. I have changed

Customer Question

I have a trane XR80 not even a year old. I have changed Thermostats twice. the furnace lights, but dose not turn off when it hits the desired temp. all the time. so its like a run away train, just keeps heating. Not good
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Does this happen even if you take the thermostat off the wall, loose from the back or subbase?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that once but I can't remember what the out come was? I will try that again tonight.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Try taking the thermostat wires off at the furnace board (after first marking where each one goes). See if this still happens.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you still need assistance with this?