Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a trane xv90 furnace that shows a code inducer error.

Customer Question

I have a trane xv90 furnace that shows a code inducer error. A repair guy said it needs a new computer board for $750 plus wiring harness and labor. He said the furnace is discontinued and will take 3 weeks for parts. Wants to sell me a new furnace. It worked fine a couple weeks ago
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

IF the inducer fan runs, its good, you do not need a new one. In that case the pressure switch is most likely not closing, you can fit a jumper wire around it as a test *after the inducer fan starts... then if the the furnace fails to light, the problem is with the igniter or the printed circuit card.

If you can attach a close up, well focused, well lit photo of the wiring diagram glued inside of the blower door of the furnace I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above or the '+attach files' link to the left of your send button for that.

We can go from there, if I miss you tonight I will pick up your response first thing in the morning.

Tell me about how old the furnace is as well please.