Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Sure. I Can't get pilot to light. I have a Electric ignition

Customer Question

Sure. I Can't get pilot to light. I have a Electric ignition but I can't get it to light even with a lighter. It seems as if the pilot gas is not on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

What is model on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it took so long. Vr8345m35
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Honeywell
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If this is a central furnace,look inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel

http://i.imgur.com/U8b0GXT.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you call me
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

There is an additional fe for phone calls, We can work here as long as it takes. The choice is up to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a boiler for hydronic heating JVS mini-therm
Sorry, I have been on support with Just answer because the web chat interface does not work on an ipad. Therefore I'm up stairs on my computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I to understand there is an additional fee to use the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there website does not work but you can call for an extra fee...Where is the motivation to resolve the issue Just-Answer
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK I specialize in gas furnaces and heat pumps but not familiar with boilers so I will opt out for a boiler expert to assist you.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk.Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be clean....I was referring to resolving the web app/chat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it really matter. If the honeywell valve is not delivering pilot gas, it's not the boiler that is the problem
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it is the boiler controls, that send power to the gas valve and the signal to open the pilot and main gas valve according to the software burnt into the computer chip in the boilers main control card.

I can walk you through that diagnosis if you like, to do that I will need a clear well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the boiler service panel, taken from straight on, I will mark it up with trouble shooting directions covering all 6 or 8 problems that can cause the pilot valve not to open.

Use the paper clip icon on the right end of the tool bar above, or the '+attach files' link to the left of your send button to attach the picture.

If you can tell me a lot about your technical skill levels I can coach you most effectively.

We can go from there.