BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Intertherm Model M3RL080A BW: 1. Furnace comes on normally,

Customer Question

Intertherm Model M3RL080A BW:
1. Furnace comes on normally, as set by thermostat.
2. When thermostat temperature is reached, burners turn off, but fan continues to run.
3.Why won't the fan turn off?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

this is controlled by the circuit board. It starts gas and then delays blower by 30 seconds...when gas shuts off it delays another 30 seconds.

If blower will not shut off it is a bad timer or relay on board...which means a new board.

Billy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that the problem is not one of the limit switches, i.e., 1) Vent Safety Switch or 2) Pressure Switch or 3) Main Limit Switch?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

correct..if it were one of those you would not have heat

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

you have heat...it is just the blower wont shut off...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I'll order a new board and have an HVAC expert install it. What's your estimate of the labor time and/or cost to have this replaced if I provide a new board?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

less than one hr. wire for wire. You may even find it something you can do. If you choose to have it installed plan on around 90 bucks as they will likely charge a service call and 1/2 hr

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Billy - I am certainly willing to pay you. But - I'd like to order the new board and have it installed and see if this actually solves the problem. If it does, I may even give you a "bonus'!
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I absolutely have no issue with that at all.

All I ask is to keep this on your side until you are ready. Anytime you reply, the system forces a reply from me. Disregard computer generated prompts. I wish you the best

Billy