Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a condensing gas (propane) boiler that has worked

Customer Question

I have a condensing gas (propane) boiler that has worked great for several years. But this fall I got a BL 85 warning with PSI 14. HVAC specialist came, "fixed" it, two days later same warning. For a variety of reasons, another plumber (HVAC specialist) came and "fixed" problem. Everything looked good. I left town for 10 days, came back, boiler not working, PSI now 10.
Any suggestions re what to look for to fix problem would be greatly appreciated as tomorrow low will be in the 31F range! Senior citizen does not do well with no heat in the house!
Thanks for any advice you can provide!
M.Ryser
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation

This error is a no water flow error so given the drop in pressure I assume you have air in the lines. When there is too much air in the system it forms a block and the water can't circulate. I can give you instructions on how to purge a typical baseboard system but first I need to know if you have anti-freeze in the system.