Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an American Standard Platinum 80 funace with a touch

Customer Question

I have an American Standard Platinum 80 funace with a touch screen control. It was installed in May. This is the first time we've turned on the heat and I'm getting an error code of 22.01 and it won't come on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

What is the model on the control where you are getting the 22.01 code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
INDOOR UNIT: 15056M777G
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number AUD2C100ACV52A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Screen says Indoor Unit: 15056M777G
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I am not familiar with that number. Tell me if thermostat looks like this and is this where you get the rrrror code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It is the (Platinum ZV Control) with 7" color screen. Here is a screen shot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is the (Platinum ZV Control) 7" color screen. Here is a screen shot.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I have a manual on this. Meanwhile look on furnace control board and see if we are also getting a flash code there by number of blinks between pausing.A 22 error code usually implies flame was on, but signal was weak.Most likely cause is a dirty flame sensor. It can be cleaned using sand cloth or emery cloth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a brand new unit, just installed in May. First time using the heat function. Have a 2nd unit in the front part of house working fine. I'd have to climb a long way into the attic to see the control board, I'll wait to see if you have the manual.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I have a couple of manuals on the thermostat, but they do not list the error codes. I know normally 22 on an American Standard indicates low flame and on furnace is indicated by 8 flashes on the board, but not finding the codes for the thermostat you provided., I am going to open to other experts who may have this info readily available while I look.