Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Model GD36PTR Has good pilot but main flame not coming on.

Customer Question

Model GD36PTR
Has good pilot but main flame not coming on. Fan works when I jumper the wires from the heat sensor. Where should I be looking? Operating on manual (not remote)
Thanks, Reg
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

So it will work when you jump the thermal switch?