Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Air conditioner operation light is blinking 5 times and

Customer Question

Air conditioner operation light is blinking 5 times and turns off . Mitsubitzi model number mszgb 50 va
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if the 5 blink pattern has a 2 to 5 second gap between the 5 blinks and repeats more than 3 times, there is a problem with the electronics that control the variable speed compressor...trouble shooting is complex to say the least.

The problem is most likely a bad printed circuit card that sends speed signals to the compressor, a bad compressor, if you are lucky just an oxidized wire plug on one of the printed circuit cards.

If you want to attempt to work on this yourself, send me a will focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the condensing unit service panel... and tell me what electronic test instruments you have on hand.

We can go from there.