HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Goodman furnace not doing anything, power and

Customer Question

I have a Goodman furnace not doing anything, power and control voltage good, status light ready. I have a Totaline wireless thermostat that is not showing power on the LEDs although there is voltage on the back plate. Please help
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you see the R and W thermostat connections at the board in the furnace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK get a paperclip and with the panel safety switch held down jumper across the two and hold it does the unit start up for a heat cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan comes on for minute or 2
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok then the heat cycle seems to be starting if you keep it on does it start to heat>?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What next?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok that is a thermostat issue then can you get at the wires to the thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is wireless, Totaline P474-1100rec, the receiver has no power indication although there is power to the back plate. What kind if work around do I have? I can access the wires to the receiver backplate
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK if you jumper R and W together and the furnace runs then you have a bad thermostat if you have power from R to C at the thermostat 24 volts

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quick question? Is there a temp work around? I will not be able to get a replacement at this time. Can you tell me how to put in a old fashioned thermostat at the furnace temporarily?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Sure tell me what wires you have to it? COlor and location on old unit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Totaline P474-1100REC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yep that is basic....any single Heat COOL thermostat will do....$20 thermostat will work fine.

Just wire

RED-RH/RC(use jumper if not there already)

WHITE-W

YELLOW-Y

GREEN -G