Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have power going into the transformer but it not going out

Customer Question

I have power going into the transformer but it not going out the thermostat it does nothing lt doesn't turn on at all...HELP !
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Have you tried jumping the thermostat connections at the furnace ? What happens when you do? Do you get a flashing LED on the control module? If so what's the flash sequence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think my friend knows how to do that .he is a maintenance man for an apartment building .I was hoping It would be an easy thing that he could do but I guess I'm going to need to call a repair technician to come and do all that .my friend says he does not feel comfortable to do what you said because he does not think that he know how to jump the thermostat wires at the furnace
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If you trace out where the thermostat wire connects to the furnace you just have to connect the red and white leads together. If you aren't comfortable doing that then you'll have to call in a pro.
If you give this a try I'll respond when I get back. I have been called away and should be back within an hour

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you have anymore questions?