Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a problem with my york electric furnace, When i put

Customer Question

hi, i have a problem with my york electric furnace, When i put it on heat, the outdoor pump starts as normal but the electric furnace also starts the 3 heating steps. And, When it reaches is set point, the outdoor pump stops (as normal) but the element on the electric furnace never stop heating until i put it off. I've changed my thermostat but it still is the same problem. Is it the electronic card in the furnace the problem? I don't know what to do next, please help me!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

I need to know if the system has always operated this way from the start? Or... if it just started operating this way recently.

So far it sounds like a thermostat wiring error, that has been perpetuating from one thermostat to next, same error. I am not sure about that yet however.

Let me know, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it started doing it alone after 2 years of intallation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my thermostat is emerson big blue
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, this is most likely something that will have to be seen in person by a local well qualified HVAC technician. If you can tell me which direction you are from the nearest city I should be able to find a well rated outfit or two for you nearby.

Or... depending on your technical skills I can coach you to a diagnosis and repair on line here.

In that case attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box, Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm electrician and 'I've installed the system myself and was working great before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've look to all my connections and i dont see nothing wrong. As soon as i put the thermostat in heat mode, it starts the element in the funace even if the setpoint is al ready reach.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

So far it sounds like the printed circuit board has gone bad. we can do a few checks to verify that.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was thinking the same thing, the control panel board. Here is the pictures you wanted!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what can we do to verify if the problem is the panel board?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, that is a picture of a wire connection diagram... I need a photo of the *actual printed circuit board itself, with the actual thermostat wires connected to it, I need to be able to read the wire terminal markings as well, especially, E, Aux, and w1 and w2.

We can go from there.