HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

A NEW Trane XT 95 was installed a few days ago. There is a

Customer Question

A NEW Trane XT 95 was installed a few days ago. There is a bothersome high pitched humming noise that occurs when the furnace starts and continues through the heat cycle but stops towards the end of the heat cycle. Any ideas what this could be from?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This is most likely a bad bearing on the inducer motor. That is the exhaust blower on the unit and the bearings can go bad and that motor can get really annoying. I would check that out and see and replace it if that is the source...as it more than likely is.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Odds are next to none that a bearing is bad on a brand new furnace. It could be gas pressure, air or an installation issue. The key thing is to ask contractor for a courtesy service inspection.

There may be a response about it being possible to have a bad bearing....I assure you the odds are much higher for these other items. But any hands on checking by you could void warranty.

And keep in mind I am a Trane Service Contractor

Billy

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Just let me know what you find out on the unit first, you can just deal with me thanks!

HVAC GUR