Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm trying to decide whether to spend $1400 repairing my

Customer Question

I'm trying to decide whether to spend $1400 repairing my Weil-Mclain boiler or have it replaced for about $7000. It dates back to the mid 80s. I'm trying to find the average lifespan on the internet and the answers are all over the board.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

I understand it's tough sometimes to decide between repair or replacement. What are they saying is wrong with it?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you still need assistance with this?