HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

The lights indicating temp are not displaying on my

Customer Question

The lights indicating temp are not displaying on my refrigerator. It is also not cooling the way it should. It had the air filter light flashing, (it was on auto) but when I pushed the button to power and then back it went off. What do I do?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also went back to the default settings to see if that would help. I opened the door and pushed in the door switch and there was no cold air coming out. This has happened one time before because somehow the settings got bumped, and when I went back to default it started working again. But everything in the freezer is getting soft---and melting. Trying to avoid this happening! Please respond---I have 12 people coming over tomorrow and a refrigerator full of food!!!!!! PLEASE!
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you just unplug the unit for 1 full minute and plug it back in that will reset the unit completely.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot do that---I can't move the refrigerator to get to the plug. What else can I do? The air filter light keeps flashing and I know my food is getting warmer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like it's on, and then nothing, but when I check it doesn't seem like it is getting any colder. Plus my settings are still the same on the refrigerator when I set them to the default settings---I don't know how to tell if it is on or not! Although I would imagine the settings would still be displayed if it is on, and they are not, other than the ice cube dispenser icon.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Can you get to the circuit breaker panel and turn it off for a minute?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought of that, but it sounds like it is cooling again. I'm going to wait an hour or so and see what happens. If it still doesn't seem like it's cooling I will switch the breaker on and off. If I do that is there something I should do after?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

No just try and that and if you still have issues get back to me and we can go from there...I will be on all night...just got done with service work sorry for any delays!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you so much, I will let you know.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks