Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a N8MPN075B12A1 boiler. Replaced bad control board

Customer Question

I have a N8MPN075B12A1 boiler. Replaced bad control board ST9160B1084 with st9120u1011. When I fire up igniter dose not light. No error codes on board or Honeywell Smart valve Sv9541m2094. Ssfety circuit closed. Inducer working fine. Igniter 4.9 oms. 27 volts to igniter but dose not glow. What am I missing?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the igniters have a 2 to 5 year life span, if it is older than that the odds are good that its bad, regardless of the apparently good tests.

It is also possible the you read 27v on the female side of the igniter plug but that there are bad pin connections so that the igniter itself is not getting the 27volts

Do not touch the igniter element but remove it and tell me what voltage rating is stamped on the side.

We can go from there.