Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

We have a thermoelectric boiler, model -10v-doc. It is used

Customer Question

We have a thermoelectric boiler, model B-10v-doc. It is used for the in floor heat system in our cabin. It was working fine until a week ago. The unit is on the light is green, the pressure is not registering and the Walter is not heating. We replaced the thermostat, but that did not help.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If there is no pressure on the gauge then the first thing you need to do is get the pressure up to at least 10 or 15 psi. There is a device called a feed valve (see attached pic for typical) that's supposed to regulate the pressure let into the boiler and keep the pressure up. Apparently it's not working. There is a chance you might still be able to get some water through it to bump the pressure up. So the first thing you need to do is locate the feeder and post a picture here so I can see what you have. If you can't post a pic I need the brand and model of the feeder.
You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am attaching a photo of what I believe to be what you are asking about
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

That's the circulator. The feed valve is on the cold water line that feeds te boiler.