Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Pilot on, blower on, burners not igniting

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting 24 volts to the gas valve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned on the heat for the first time of the season last night. It came on no problem. Today, I turned on the heat and nothing. I can get blower to turn on, but it is not igniting...no warm air from the vents.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting and do you know what the limit switch looks like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no on volt meter
not sure about "limit switch"
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Feel up by the draft hood where vent leaves furnace and see if here might be a little button that will push in on this switch to reset.

http://i.imgur.com/CGkB9sa.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't see that. I do see the fan limit and black box I think you mentioned earlier.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

This should be on side of draft hood, May need a flashlight. Did you see the picture showing where it should be?

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I have to leave for the evening so I will open to other experts.I will check back in the morning to see if you got this solved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saw the pic, but there's no switch. My manual doesn't show a switch. The pictures are similar, but no switch in my manual.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK I am leaving but have opted out to see if any one else might help. If not, you can pickup a cheap multi meter at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you choose and we can go step by step to figure this out.