airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I'm about to replace my 22 year old furnace with a Lennox

Customer Question

I'm about to replace my 22 year old furnace with a Lennox EL296v. The installer says my Nest 3rd gen won't work with this unit.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Let me grab a manual. Most likely the reason is the new furnace has a variable speed motor.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Yes, this is why it is not compatible, Nest had received numerous requests about this , but currently the existing thermostats they make do not support the variable speed fan on the new furnace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Wish I had better news s I am sure you like the Nest but currently it is not compatible.You will probably need to use the iComfort from Lennox

Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified..