HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Gibson model KG7SC072D-24B Less than three years old, the

Customer Question

Gibson model KG7SC072D-24B Less than three years old , the burners will not ignite
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Does the ignitor glow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK does the inducer fan come on and run and do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No volt meter. I hear a fan running, not the main blower.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK can you remove the ignitor and visually inspect it for a break or burn spot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The igniter is on the left. I think I can remove it There is water in a clear hose .that leads to a drain
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK you can check and make sure your condensate line is not backed up or blocked as well. Also if you can get to the control board see if it is flashing an error code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK igniter appears to be alright no cracks or burns just white residue which I cleaned with steel wool and replaced. The water in the hose is clear no blockage. I can see main board steady green and red no yellow. Could this be the thermoastat?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Look at the pattern those lights are flashing, match the pattern up to the lost on the backside of the panel you removed form the furnace there should be an error code list there to compare to a red light on at all typically means an error.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no pattern to the led lights they stay on both red and green. The yellow does not come on. The list says red and green on with no flashing means no fault.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK this may be a thermostat issue then, if you have a paperclip you can tape down the panel safety switch and touch the R and W thermostat connections together with the paperclip and hold that on them to see if it starts up and heats...if so you have an issue with the thermostat or wiring from there to the thermostat. CHeck the batteries at the thermostat and the wiring to the thermostat if it starts with the paperclip.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks