Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have an OM-180 that is heating the water fine but when

Customer Question

have an OM-180 that is heating the water fine but when demand is put on it it shuts down the water flow. Thave good cold water input and good hot output.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Is this it?

https://www.toyotomiusa.com/OwnersManuals/Water%20Heaters/Name%20begins%20with%20OM/OM-180%20%28Type%20D%29%20Operation.pdf

Tell me please what you mean by the term TP plumbing in as much detail as possible.. are there any heating radiators involved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thank, I still need to know very specifically what you mean by TP plumbing, so far it sounds like air is trapped in the hot water loop and preventing actual water flow, that would cause the flow switch to open and cut off the burner.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pressure relife valve
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

are you telling me that the system heats water with pressure relief valve removed, but not with it in place?

If that is the case it is likely that the system is air locked with air trapped in the radiators of under floor heat tubing. Tell me a lot about the radiators or under floor heat, and send me a few pictures taken from 10 feet away showing the piping manifold,

We can go from there,