Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a commercial system with 5 air handlers above the

Customer Question

I have a commercial system with 5 air handlers above the ceiling tiles. One air handler keeps filling up th secondary pan and turning off the system when I drain the secondary pann the condenser fan , which is out side , 5 ton Gooodman, the starts to work. The drain pipe is not clogged, but I think it something with vacuum pushing the water away from the primary pan and overfollowin to the secondary pan. Everyday I have to drain the secondary pan with a shop wet dry vac. I am not a mechanic, but the air conditioning tech can't figure it out.
What do you say?
Thank you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan, i can help you with this. first lets start with how old is the air handler and when did this problem start, and when was the last maintenance done