airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Rennai RCE 329A heater. I have not used it time but

Customer Question

I have a Rennai RCE 329A heater. I have not used it for a long time but it has had very little use so is practically brand new as far as service hours. I want to use it again and turned it on this morning. It went on and I was able to set the temp, but then on the little display screen the #11 comes up and I can't do anything else with it. What does this error code indicate?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

The 11 error code is a sign that the ignition failed. .First question, is gas on to heater? If gas has been off, you may have to bleed the line to get air out.Do this by slightly cracking the line until we get a faint odor of gas. If we have gas ,,does igniter light pilot ?.If so check the thermocouple.It may need to be cleaned or replaced.