Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a janitrol furnace that was working great and then

Customer Question

I have a janitrol furnace that was working great and then all of a sudden it just stoped no lights to circuit board nothing!! Unit has powere and it is getting 24 volts at transformer. Any idea. Wierd like it has power every where but not getting the power to circuit board?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The furnace is about 15 years old and i installed it in a garage with exhaust out side of garage. Again was working great then bam all just shut down and no lights or blinking code to circuit board but unit does have power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, look for an automotive type fuse on the circuit board, make sure the blower door is secured, it could be a bad door switch.

Next, turn the furnace off at the thermostat, remove the air filter, and try it again, tell me if you can hear the inducer fan start or not.

We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

If all that fails, examine both sides of the printed circuit board for any signs of burn spots.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already looked for fuse there is none there are two little switches on the circuit board i tried them in all positions. i do not hear the inducer motor going on or anything happening. i wonder in a way if that could be it cause when furnace was going on and working before i did not here a inducer motor only blower motor. could you please call me(###) ###-####
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, phone calls are an extra charge, generally not useful in this sort of situation, let me know if you would like me to submit that as additional service to you or not..it would be $18 extra.

Regarding the dip switch settings on the board, were you able to return them to their original positions..? That is important, I need the answer to that question.

It is about 80% likely that the printed circuit board is bad. If you can send me the wiring diagram I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a big box hardware store)

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.