Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a Payne py1p gas package unit, 10 years in service.

Customer Question

Have a Payne py1p gas package unit, 10 years in service. Having problem with flame out and draft inducing motor continues to run. Can restore heating by resetting thermostat. Should I look at, and maybe clean flame sensor.
Brant ***@******.***
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Does the unit have a board that provides an error code by a flashing light? If so what is the pattern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Board does have flashing LED indicating various codes. I will have to open package unit and verify flashing sequence. Raining here at this time, and I will have to get back to you!
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

No problem just check the flashes and come back when ready. I will try to locate the error code chart online.If you see the chart on the unit that will help greatly. When it fails count the number of flashes and that should point us in direction we need to troubleshoot.