Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a simple comfort 2000 thermostat is set at 71 and

Customer Question

I have a simple comfort 2000 thermostat is set at 71 and auto but heat does not come on for several hours
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying it is below 71 in the house,and heat will not come on until some time later when it just decides to come on? And can you do some hands on troubleshooting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Go to thermostat and remove the R and W wire and twist or somehow connect them together. If heat comes on immediately we know issue is in thermostat.If not we may need to concentrate on the furnace

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you mean I don't see any wires and I'm not very mechanical inclined
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

O if you would like to talk on phone we can do so, but there is an addition fee of 18 bucks.If not we can continue here.

To see the wires you will need to remove the front of thermostat by just grasping front cover and pulling off subbase. Then using a small screwdriver, loosen W crew and R screw and move the wire from w over to R and tighten R screw with bot wires.