Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Lennox G16Q3X-50-5 everything works fine I just need to

Customer Question

lennox G16Q3X-50-5 everything works fine I just need to replace the (superfine glass wool) gasket between the induced draft blower and the air shutter plate. I know the item isn't manufactured anymore so what would be the next best material to make a replacement gasket. Found lots of super fine glass wool but nothing that resembles a thin sheet.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

You can buy thin gasket high temp material at Auto Zone that will work. You will need to trace gasket and cut with scissors. Done this several times and it works great. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already thought of that I just wanted to make sure it was the correct or professional solution. I have that very same material, just didn't want the HVAC tech come out and tell me I did it wrong. Thanks

No you can do it the way I described. The thin fiberglass is just cheaper for factory to do. Russ