Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Should I repair (for $400) my lennox Model # 80MGF3-75A-1

Customer Question

should I repair (for $400) my lennox Model # ***** installed in 1995? Estimate for a new Carrier is $1800
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

It's always difficult to know as a unit gets older whether to repair or replace. Typically a furnace will last 15-20 years if well taken care of. You are at 20 years now, so the question is more of a financial one. Can you afford the new furnace? If you can, you are probably better to put your money into a new unit with a ful warranty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you recommend replacing with the $1800 Carrier ?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure how he can install a furnace for $1800. Most furnaces alone run around $900-1100 just for the furnace alone not allowing for labor, and any other things such as sheet metal work, but yes, Carrier is a good brand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU. I appreciate your help
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have additional questions on this?