Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a Lennox Hearth Products direct vent gas fireplace. I

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Lennox Hearth Products direct vent gas fireplace. I turned the gas on, lit the pilot, and briefly turned the fireplace on to test it This past Friday. Today I noticed the wall switches for the fireplace and blower were on, but there was no pilot light or flame. In the panel underneath the gas was on and the control was turned to "on". The other settings are "off" and "pilot". Is this dangerous? are there safeties in place so the firebox won't fill up with gas in case the pilot goes out?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Yes, there is a flame sensor in the pilot flame. If a pilot flame is not present the sensor will tell the gas control valve to shut down.