Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Weil Mclain MCG 3 and am having problems getting

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Weil Mclain MCG 3 and am having problems getting power to my circulator. I already replaced my relay and it still is not getting power. I used a voltmeter to test a couple connections. My live wire from my switch to my relay has continuity.
The wire from relay to circulator has continuity. The white wire from my switch to the circulator has continuity. I had someone think it was the sockets for the relay, but i removed the relay and tested from the sockets and all results were the same.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry thats CGM 3 not MCG
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, due to feed backs in these electronically controlled AC circuits, diagnosis by volt meter will very not work. you can get ghost reads.

This diagnosis and coaching will most likely take several hours if not longer, I myself cannot afford to take off work to do that for you, at your offer price so that I will opt out and we can hope someone else here will take your question at the amount offered.

.

Meantime if you want to get back to me on terms that I can afford I will also submit an additional services request that can ignore or accept while we wait to see who else might respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but no thanks.
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

Hi i am dan. i can help you with this problem. did you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please

ok first lets start with what relay you have. what is the model of the relay