BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

We had a Hometech ACDX system installed 9/2012 2yrs later it

Customer Question

Hi we had a Hometech ACDX system installed 9/2012 2yrs later it wouldn't turn off so part was replaced (Board I think) went fine for 6mths then same thing, they sent it away. the Relay had burnt out, it was repaired and 1mth later same thing, they don't seem to know what the cause is. The key pad reads user off but its blow full on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

you need a new board, not a repaired one. It is likely a timer or signal in the board that causes the relay issues. If under warranty request a new board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Billy, the first time the board was replaced with a new one the second time the unit was sent away to be tested and fitted with new relay as other had burnt out. They asked me if there had been any problems with other electrical items such as computer (suspecting power surges) but nothing else affected. It is still under warranty
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

the problem is that there is nothing in the unit that draws heavy enough power to cause electrical issues. The fact they sent the board away to be tested tells me there is/was a manufacturing issue with the board.

When a board is bad under warranty it is replaced....unless...boards are at a premium because of low stock, high failure rate.

I had one company that reworked their board 6 times before it was able to be below "recall" rate.

I would ask the contractor :

To get a new board

Was there revisions made to the board

Does warranty start over or just is for remainder of initial warranty

Does the factory rep have any input since this unit has had multiple issues.