Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have replaced batteries in the box in fireplace (then set

Customer Question

I have replaced batteries in the box in fireplace (then set on "remote) the replaced batteries in hand held remote and as soon as I put them in the remote I hit the "on" button to synch together but can't get the fire to start! Help! I've tried several times & can't get it to urn on with the remote but the fire will start if I manually turn it on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

there is usually a button on the back of the box used to learn the remote. when the batteries are replaced it usually needs to be re-learned. check to see if there is a button on the back

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will go check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no button on the back of the box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a Mendota fireplace

ok, double check and make sure al the batteries are in the correct way. when you turn of the remote do you hear any sounds from the box

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no sounds. I will take them out of box & put back in. When I put the batteries in the remote the current room temp lights up, so know that is working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replace all the new batteries again, still nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meant, I replaced all the batteries again.

there is a program button on the back of the box. it is small on the right of the switch. here are the instructions for re-programing the remote

1. place the switch in remote
  2. use the tip of a pen or similar device to push in the prog button. three beeps should be heard
  3. press the "ON" button on the remote the control will beep 4 times to confirm the remote is programed.

let me know if this fixes it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is NO button on back, so this wont work. This is like 4 years old so maybe they are different now.

can you take a picture of it for me and attach it her. just to clarify I consider the back of the box the side where the switch is and the batteries go in.

instructions for attaching files

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is not working & I cant take up anymore time now. Thanks for trying, but gotta go now. Please just charge the $5, I can not afford any more.

I can help you with this if now is not a god time you can reply back latter and I promise you we will get it working for you