Drew1315
Drew1315, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I was a Building Trades Journeyman in the Sheet Metal Union for over 11 1/2 yrs.
17594471

My "Vision Pro TH8000 series thermostat was set to run the

Customer Question

My "Vision Pro TH8000 series thermostat was set to run the fan this summer and I cannot get it back to heating mode now.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you with your issue. Do you see any options to select for heating mode

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

making an attempt to send the thermostats manual to you right now

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Try this and see if this helps;

Press SYSTEM to set system to Heat. Make sure the temperature is set higher than the Inside temperature. • Press SYSTEM to set system to Cool. Make sure the temperature is set lower than the Inside temperature. • Check circuit breaker and reset if necessary. • Make sure power switch at heating & cooling system is on. • Make sure furnace door is closed securely. • If “Wait” is displayed, the compressor protection timer is on. Wait 5 minutes for the system to restart safely, without damaging the compressor (see page 15).

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

From the sounds of it, the thermostat may be in an auto mode. Assure this is not in auto mode although is a nice feature in this specific thermostat and changes modes automatically for the user

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Hope this helps. If this does not resolve your problem please don't hesitate to continue asking questions.

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Please don't hesitate to leave a rating for the answer I have provided. Thank you for the opportunity to assist with your thermostat problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the manual. The system box flashes off under heat. The only options below are cancel, or done, both of which do not change the heat to on. There is no option to turn the heat to on. I cannot determine if the thermostat is in the auto mode. There is no indication of that.
Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Has this been cleaned recently? Reason I ask is my mother in law ruined this same thermostat by spraying cleaner on the screen and it had some erratic function like your mentioning.

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Has there been any function on the furnace or air handler recently? Possible to reset the service disconnect or breaker to the unit?

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Has there been any power outages recently?

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible somebody may have entered into the thermostats advanced settings and removed the programming function? Essentially making it a manual control with no programming feature

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

If you are able to assure the service disconnect or breaker is 'on' to the furnace, this may be why your seeing the 'off' flash. Could possibly be a problem within the unit itself or a power outage may have occurred causing a fault.

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if this may be the issue. Thank you for the opportunity to help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has not been cleaned,with the exception of wiping it off with a dry rag. No recent power outages. The programmable function may have been altered. A friend made the changes in order to get the fan function operating. I was not present and do not know just what she did. It may well have been set to advanced settings. How do I determine that?
Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

There should be a blank button in the bottom row, and then by pressing the system, and this blank button will enable you into the advanced settings. In the manual, this explains how to enter into the advanced settings

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Step by step instructions are on page 21 of the manual I sent. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Was this issue able to be resolved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When hiting the "systen" key, it changes to "heat" and behonns flashing "off". The only boxes filled on the botton of the screen are at both ends and are "done" and "cancel" neither of which help. All blank boxes between them do nothing. I have not found the manual you sent. This issue has not been resolved.
Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Here is the manual in pdf format. On page 21, it explains in detail how to get into the advanced menu;

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your latest response cannot be responded to. The response page does not come up. A message of "the page is not available" comes up. I got here from one of your answers yesterday. In any case, I cannot find the manual you sent. You indicated it is in a pdf file, but there is nowhere indicated to bring it up.
Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

My sincere apologies. It shows its been uploaded 2 times in our conversation. Unsure why it's not showing that on your end. You did mention though u have the manual, page 21 has the instructions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still getting "web page not available when I click on get answer. This access is from one of yesterdays answers. Still no sign of manual. My hard copy of the manual has only 11 pages although I realize now it is actually the Installation Guide. It appears we are at an unsuccessful end. Unless you have additional ideas I suspect I'm going to need to call a local technician to come to my home. You are not authorized for any additional charges to my credit card beyond the initial $5 as indicated in the initial contact. I would appreciate your assurance no additional charges will be levied.
Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will attempt to paste into our conversation the specific instructions to access the advanced settings.

Advanced functions2. Press and hold blank center key until the display changes.1. Press SYSTEM.Press s/t to select functionFunction SettingPress s/t to change setting3. Change settings as required (see pages 22-25).4. Press DONE to exit & save changes.

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Again my sincere apologies on how this function is not working correctly. As far as the credit card info and payment amounts, etc, that is nothing I have access to nor do I see how much you have agreed to. That is out of my hands as an expert for the topic we are discussing. I would however really like to help you resolve the problem without requiring a technician to come out. (Charges for that can be quite pricy)

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

Advanced functionsYear setting (first two digits)Function 0120Press s/t to change the first two digits of the year:Options:20 = Year 20xx 21 = Year 21xxYear setting (second two digits)Function 0130Press s/t to change the last two digits of the year:Options:01 - 99 (i.e., 2001 - 2099)Month settingFunction 0140Press s/t to change the current month:Options:1 - 12 (i.e., January - December)Date settingFunction 0150Press s/t to change the current date:Options:1 - 31

Advanced functions Program schedule on/off Function 0160 Options: Press s/t to turn the program schedule on or off: 0 Program schedule is off. Thermostat is non-programmable. 4 Program schedule is on (7-day programmable). Temperature format (°F/°C) Function 0320 Options: Press s/t to set the temperature display format: 0 Fahrenheit 1 Celsius Daylight savings time on/off ENGLISH Function 0330 Options: The thermostat is pre-programmed to automatically adjust to daylight savings time. Press s/t to select an option: 0 Off: No adjustment for daylight savings time 1 On: Auto-change to daylight savings time (through 2006, and for areas that do not use the new 2007 DST calendar) 2 On: Auto-change to daylight savings time (2007 and beyond, for areas that use the new 2007 DST calendar)

Advanced functions About your new thermostat Furnace filter change reminder Function 0500 ENGLISH Options: This feature displays an alert to remind you to change the furnace filter. Press s/t to set the desired reminder interval: 0 Off (no reminder to change furnace filter) 1 Reminder after 10-day run time (about 1 month) 2 Reminder after 30-day run time (about 3 months) 3 Reminder after 60-day run time (about 6 months) 4 Reminder after 90-day run time (about 9 months) 5 Reminder after 120-day run time (about 1 year) 6 Reminder after 365-day run time (about 3 years) Humidifier pad change reminder Function 0510 Note: Press RESET to cancel the alert This feature displays an alert to remind you to change the humidifier pad. Press s/t to set the desired interval: Options: 0 Off (no reminder to change humidifier pad) 1 Reminder after 3 months 2 Reminder after 6 months 3 Reminder after 1 year

Advanced functions UV lamp change reminder Function 0520 Options: This feature displays an alert to remind you to change the ultraviolet lamp. Press s/t to set the desired interval: 0 Off (no reminder to change UV lamp) 1 Reminder after 1 year Program schedule periods Function 0540 Options: Press s/t to set the number of program periods: 2 Two program periods (Wake, Sleep) 4 Four program periods (Wake, Leave, Return, Sleep) Clock format Note: Press RESET to cancel the alert ENGLISH Function 0640 Options: Screen lock Function 0670 Options: Press s/t to set the clock display format: 12 12-hour clock (i.e., “3:30 pm”) 24 24-hour clock (i.e., “15:30”) Press s/t to choose a screen lock setting (see page 16): 0 Screen is unlocked (fully functional) 1 All functions locked except temperature controls and CANCEL key

Expert:  Drew1315 replied 1 year ago.

The above post is explaining how to access the advanced functions and how the thermostat can be changed to a manual or a programmable.

Does the furnace function at all, meaning the fan, etc.? Reason I ask is if the unit itself may have a fault within it causing some of what your experiencing now. If your able to observe the furnace / air handler and check for a blinking LED could inform if there is a problem other than the thermostat. Hope this helps and resolves the problem. If there is a fault within the unit, a simple reset of power can overcome the non operating issue, BUT, try and find if there are any faults within the unit by a blinking LED. There is typically a legend that explains this within the furnace/air handler itself.