Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I was gifted with a used jotul GF 300 DV gas stove. It looks

Customer Question

I was gifted with a used jotul GF 300 DV gas stove. It looks great, but had been stored on a porch for a period of time under a tarp-no rust except on small plate that the sparker, the pilot and the thermocupling amounted on. The pilot ending is totally clogged and aside from cleaning off surface rust I have no idea how to clean the tiny hole that delivers pilot gas; however, when I take the pilot end piece off I get gas. A friend who installs gas boilers said I should get a new themocupling as a matter of course.So, 2 questions: how good is the thermocupling on this stove in general, and, is there any way to clean the pinhol sized hole in the pilot piece and oh, yes , a third question-there is a fourth do-dad mounted in the plate that holds the above items which I cannot figure a reason for; what is it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

1. The thermocouple usually last a couple of years and need to be replaced due to carbon build up

2.You get use a pipe cleaner or very thin wire for cleaning the orifice.

3. Can you upload a photo of the do dad you are referring to using the paperclip icon on page?