airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I purchase a Goodman outside unit is a model GSX140481KA

Customer Question

hi I purchase a Goodman outside unit is a model GSX140481KA serial no.(###) ###-#### ***** coil is a modelCAPF4860C60DB, SERIAL NO.(###) ###-####THE HEATER UNIT IS A MODEL gms80805CNBC, SERIAL NO.(###) ###-####the blower is extremely loud my a/c guy who hooked it up said that their was not enough flow,so we added three more vents and it is still the same this unit is brand new. what could be the cause of it being so loud.what can I do to stop this noise.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Give me a few more details .Is the furnace in a closet,attic or basement and do you know if he has adjusted fan settings to match the ac system?

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I would make sure the Blue fan wire is on the COOL terminal, This is Goodman's recommendation of medium speed for a 4 ton AC system.If black is connected to COOL terminal, that is high speed and will be a bit noisier than medium.If already using blue on COOL terminal, you can install some duct board baffles in return to help quieten the unit.I have also used ductboard around sides of furnace cabinet to help with noise in certain situations. The GMS is an entry level furnace and Goodman is one of the least expensive units on the market,so a certain amount of quietness as well as quality is sacrificed as compared t say a top of the line Lennox or Trane.