HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I'm getting a solid red and blinking lights on my Trane XV90

Customer Question

I'm getting a solid red and blinking green lights on my Trane XV90
What does this mean? I replaced the igniter last season
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

What pattern is the light flashing count them please between pauses.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a solid red and the green is blinking. It kicks on when the thermostat is drawing heat but blows cold. I replaced the igniter last season and changed the batteries to thermostat this morning
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes there is a pattern though to the code to get the error, if you check that backside of the panel there is a sheet taped to it with a list to match up the red light and flashing pattern of the green light to determine what error it is can you see that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to restart the furnace again?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

You can but that will clear the code, you should just match the flashing pattern of the lights to the lost on the backside of the panel to see what is the error, there are a lot of errors so to narrow it down we need to know which error it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says red solid is Internal control failure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean I have to replace
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still there?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am still here your messages just came through, you need a new control board that one is bad for sure. Likely a bad capacitor on the board.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me with a part number
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Sure I was just looking it up, do you have the completer serial and complete model number off the tag though?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A342244G01 trance xv90
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TraneXV90 sorry there's a serial number on the top listed as 6006C24382 model TE50660C215B2722AP
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK one minute trying to get it your posts have been delayed to me...I am still here FYI

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok I am not finding those numbers as valid, the best bet to get the correct one is call this number and talk directly to the parts guy when you are in front of the unit to get the correct board.

***-***-****

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

If for some reason they can not get it for you let me know thanks!