HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have the EF code on my frigidaire fridge. I've unplugged

Customer Question

I have the EF code on my frigidaire fridge. I've unplugged from power for 30 minutes. Plug back in and the fan kicks on for about 30 seconds and then shuts down. Is the problem the fan motor since it turns on for a few seconds?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Yes the issue is common and the code means there is an Evaporator Fan issue. I would say if it is just turning a couple times then stopping the fan is likely bad. Can you get at it to change it out?

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks