HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Rheem Criterion II furnace model RCBA-3765GG17XI.

Customer Question

I have a Rheem Criterion II furnace model RCBA-3765GG17XI. Thermostatat show me that heating system is OFF so i cant start it
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Does the FAN come on when set to FAN on at the thermostat? Also have you changed tha batteries in the thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan is working fine when set for FAN ONLY or with AC ON. I just replaced thermostat and have same message when trying to set heat " HEATING SYSTEM IS OFF"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok can you get at the wires to the thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U CAN CALL ME AT(###) ###-####OR(###) ###-####
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

A phone call costs more to do do you want me to send you an offer for that or do you want to continue here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK I am not sure which was No to... but I will send you an offer if you do not want a phone call just continue typing here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said. No it will be easier if u read my last message. I am next to thermostat an have an acces to wires.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am here just got your images.

Can you remove the RED wire and the WHITE wire and touch them together and see if the heat starts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's next?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK then you have a bad thermostat or something is just wrong with the thermostat itself or it needs to be reset.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks