HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a gks that wont light

Customer Question

i have a gks that wont light
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

What error code are you getting? If you look at the backside of the panel you took off match up the error code and me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im a hvac teck and light flashes fast and blower on inducer on and ignitor on not lighting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says polarity but tried that no go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK when it says polarity and it does not work the board is bad. There is nothing else that will cause that error other than a defective board.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried that
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

A new board did not fix the issue??