airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Does my raypac 106 have more than one drain plug? I removed

Customer Question

Does my raypac 106 have more than one drain plug for winterization? I removed plug from 2" inlet/outlet, but my last heater had two drain plugs, an upper and a lower. Granted, that was a much larger unit. And, should I cover unit during winter months or does that just trap moisture inside?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

You should only need to remove the one plug on In/Out header and remove the 2 wires from the water pressure switch and unscrew the water pressure switch so there is no vacuum on system.I do not recommend covering.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.