Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I am replacing an old T87F 2873 3 thermostat with a newer

Customer Question

I am replacing an old T87F 2873 3 thermostat with a newer FocusPRO 6000 series programable one. The Bar Code is 50061478-006; I don't see a model number. The old one has only 2 wires: a red one and a white one. The new thermostat has places for 6 wires, labelled B Y G W 'Not used" R RC. The R and RC are hitched together. I assume the one labelled W is for the white wire. Do I attach the red wire to the R, even though I don't have an air conditioner?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You connect the red to R the jumper to RC is irrelevant with no AC. You can leave the jumper or remove it, doesn't matter. And white to W is correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. I'd appreciate a favorable rating