Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an old luxaire gas furnace. I bought a replacement

Customer Question

I have an old luxaire gas furnace. I bought a replacement control board based On model: PBKM-LD16N120A. Physical board size does notch old board. Number of connection point are less in replacement board. Should I return the part ?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The control board I got from repair clinic online says that is one for replacement. Do you think I can replace the old board with the new one.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I am crossing the info right now..will be a minute or 2...

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Ok I can do this quickly if you tell me the model number of the new board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ignition control p/n S1-33103010000.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

was old board 031-01140?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Old board's p/n is 031-01234 . 000 and model # *****
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

wow I see the confusion..there tons of numbers for the board.

See here and tell me if it is like your old one....the size and wire count should be the same

PBKM Replacement Circuit Board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The old board size is bigger. Newer board has less number of pins than the older one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wire count or the connection point to the board on the old is much more. At least 5 or 6 leads more. approximately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I have to go to attend to something. You send me an answer by text message and email. If you think that the new is compatible then can you suggest how to wire. The problem I have is this. When system starts fans are turned on. After a few seconds igniter glows. I hear a click and gas starts jetting out through several burners and gets ignited. Then after a few seconds the igniter stops glowing and the gas valve closes and the flame shuts off. Last year a technician recommended replacing the control board. So I replaced this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is going to be almost 22 hours. Still I have not received any response to my problem. Is it that complex that my problem can not be solved ? Please respond if you can handle my request or not.