HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My Goodman, no edea what model, has two pipes on top. One is

Customer Question

My Goodman, no edea what model, has two pipes on top. One is cool to touch; the other is warm. The warm one is leaking, a very small amount. The furnace works fine. What to do?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

ARe you talking about the PVC exhaust line coming out of the furnace. The one on the left is cool and the one on the right is warm correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK that is condensate coming down the pipe when it is on. The pipe may not have been glued or sealed good at the base where it enters the unit. Condensate water normally would drip down the pipe and drain out the tube in the inducer blower housing. If the leaking is right there at the base you can turn the unit off try to remove the white pipe from the base and reglue it...or clean the pipe edge off and dry it really good, uses some silicone sealant to seal the edge where the pipe is inserted into the female adapter piece on the furnace to stop the leaking.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks