Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Honeywell Thermostat Model No. RTH 2300 -- We have this

Customer Question

Honeywell Thermostat Model No. RTH 2300 B -- We have this thermostat and we are confused on how to use it... We tried to program it to 71 last night but it defaults to 62. We do not know how to use the buttons such as run, set and hold. Can you please
tell me instructions and what each button function is... Thanks...
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I've posted a link to the manual below but as a general answer to your question; when you press HOLD the thermostat will operate at the temp you set using the up & down arrow buttons. It won't run the program. When you hit SET, this takes to to the programming and time set function. When you hit RUN it will run the program that's been programmed into the thermostat to automatically turn the temp down over night and when you're away.

MANUAL