Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My heating system wont turn on. I have no clue if the pilot

Customer Question

My heating system wont turn on. I have no clue if the pilot light is on or off. Can you help me check? And possibly fix the problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your furnace. I know this can be frustrating. Let's start by getting some information. Inside the furnace on a tag is the full model number. I will need that. Is the furnace doing anything at all when you call for heat?