Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

How do i locate a ods assembly comfort glow wall heater

Customer Question

how do i locate a ods assembly for a comfort glow wall heater model cgr18n
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I need the brand and model number of the wall heater and a photo of the wiring diagram glued inside, close up and well focused, and please spell out ods for me, that can refer to several different items, use the paper clip icon above on the right end of the tool bar to post the photo

we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was made for Desa International. Model #CGR18N Comfort Glow wall heater natural gas ventless. The ODS is the thermo coupling assembly.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, the thermocouples are standard hardware items, all you need is the necessary length, the come in a kit that adapts to any pilot light assembly.

Just remove it and take it any larger hardware store for a match up, the threads on the nut that attaches it to the gas valve are *left hand threads. you will need a 3/8" open end wrench to remove it.

If you appreciate my input so far, and wish to continue with virtually no time limit, rate my work positively... rating will not increase your charges, we can go from there. The company only pays me if you rate positively, lacking that I can spend days with a customer at my own expense, without any compensation.