Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I do not get power to inducer motor, I changed the inducer

Customer Question

I do not get power to inducer motor, I changed the inducer board and relay did not help. The relay clicks but sends no power.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you can send me a clear, well lit, well focused close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower service panel I can mark it up with trouble shooting directions,

Use the paper clip icon at the right end the tool bar above to do that.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the best I can get
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

That is quite a mess of a control set up there, it will be anything but easy to trouble shoot, even if the diagram was totally crisp it would be a problem.

Did the inducer fan run when you bench tested it?

If not, of course the fan motor is bad. If the inducer fan motor ran on the bench then there is a defect in the almost completely unfathomable set of controls.

I am going to opt out in the hope that another of our experts here thinks they can unravel that for you.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

there are 2 other items in this furnace that can cause this fault....this will not sound technical...but rap the side of the pilot assembly sharply....if the 3 wire pilot sticks closed it faults the inducer