Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am working on a rheem criterion ii plus two. I am pulling

Customer Question

I am working on a rheem criterion ii plus two. I am pulling double the inches of water column to close the pressure switches. I confirmed the pressure switches are in fact closing on start up. On start up draft motor kicks on in high and then drops down to low. After 20 seconds or so you hear the hit spark for a split second and then immediately stops sparking at this time the draft motor instantly stops and the blower kicks on. I have verified that all of the rollout switches are closed as well as the main limit. The only part I am not sure on how to test is the heat assisted limit control. HALC.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am dan. I would love to help you figure out this problem but to do so I will need a little more information. first how old is the furnace and when did this problem first start? also when the spark and inducer stop the circuit board should have a flashing light on it that will flash a code. if you can see that code it will help a lot to diagnose the problem.