Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Can you please tell me how to turn on the fire in my heat n

Customer Question

Can you please tell me how to turn on the fire in my heat n glow pier 4 fireplace? Also how to turn the flame up and down? The pilot is lit. Thank you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Please look this over and see if this is for your furnace or not, it is for a Pier 40, with a zero on it.

http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/4012_071.pdf

This is step one, we can go from there with coaching and instructions as needed without a time limit. Please hold your rating until you get what you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked about a pier-IV gas fireplace. Not a furnace and I do not need installation instructions. Just want to know how to turn on the fire. It is a gas technologies inc. heat and glow. Please don't send me installation manuals or change the name/number of the product.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I can certainly call you, but it will be best to wait until I find the right manual, so far the manufacturer does not list it among the dozens of manuals on their web site....the closest they had was the Pier 40. I took a chance that you had left off a zero.

I did not have much other choice... as far as firing directions, they change with model number, that was a necessary *first step. I regret that it failed.

I can look up their plant address and stop by perhaps, or call them on the phone as you wish, I will do anything and go anywhere without any time limits or sparing any person expense to help you.... in the past I have driven hundreds of miles to dig up information... none the less it absolutely has to go step by step... doing more than one step at a time takes us off into opposite directions.

Meantime while I investigate the local dealerships etc, if you can tell me about how old the unit is that will help..... it will also help if you can attach a photo of the top of the gas valve including the knob on top... if the knob as three positions, ON, OFF and Pilot I can instruct you on how to light and even repair the furnace from there.

Again I apologize deeply for sending you the wrong manual... it was the only one listed that came close however.

You can use the paper clip icon at the top right of the tool bar above to attach the photo of the TOP of the gas valve... the one with two large pipes, one small 1/4" tube attached and two wires attached.

We can go from there without any time limit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This house was built in 1994, and I believe the unit was installed at that time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We has a gas contractor clean and check it a week go. He turned it on and adjusted the flame up and down. My husband just does not remember what he did. We have tried unsuccessfully to reach him again. I do not have time to send pics. right now but will try later.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

I will wait for the pictures, I have not had any luck far getting the manual for that model, they made dozens of the over the years.