Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

GE 21LU060A2M1 gas fired furnace, I need help diagnosing a

Customer Question

GE 21LU060A2M1 gas fired furnace, I need help diagnosing a frequently inop blower while in auto (a/c comp & furnace lights up, depending on the setting). Blower works correctly in "on" mode. Looking for help(also) in locating a wiring diagram...thank you!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Look inside the blower door for a wiring diagram. Tell me what you find and tell please about how old the furnace itself is, that will help.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far, I haven't found the diagram-prob removed by a previous service call... possibly 1970..
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** case, if you can send me a few pictures, close ups, and distance shots showing the complete controls compartment I might be able to mark those up with workable trouble shooting instructions.

Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above to send the pictures.

We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

We need to look for signs of a bad heat exchanger while we are at it, look for big chunks of rust under the burners, and especially look for changes in the flame pattern in each burner when the blower comes on... any leaks will put carbon monoxide into the home, that is especially dangerous for children it can cause brain damage in children.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not really anywhere near good phone reception...it's more like deception
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** is a printed circuit card that the thermostat wires run directly to, there is a high probability that has a defective solder connection deep inside the card.

If there is no printed circuit card (older furnaces mostly), then it is likely that fan relay or blower limit control is bad.

Without photo's or a diagram there is not much else I can say, we can however go from there if you feel you need whatever scant input I can provide in this situation.